2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup julienne-cut drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning mix (such as McCormick’s)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (4-pound) boneless turkey breast, trimmed
1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Thyme sprigs (optional)
Combine first 9 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and flour in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add broth mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes. Cut turkey into slices.
Fat 4.9 g
Satfat 0.9 g
Monofat 2.6 g
Polyfat 0.8 g
Protein 57 g
Carbohydrate 7 g
Fiber 0.9 g
Cholesterol 141 mg
Iron 3.1 mg
Sodium 468 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Picture from https://www.foodhero.org/recipes/broccoli-and-everything-salad
1 cup raw broccoli, chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 cup cooked ham, chicken or turkey
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
1. In a large bowl mix together broccoli, carrot, celery, raisins, onion and meat.
2. Mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar in a separate bowl.
3. Add mayonnaise mixture to salad and mix well.
4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: 2/3 cup
Sodium 280 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
1 (4-pound) spaghetti squash
Olive oil-ﬂavored vegetable cooking spray
1 cup ﬁnely chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 cup ﬁnely chopped mushrooms
3/4 pound freshly ground raw turkey
2 ounces reduced-fat, low-salt ham, chopped
1 (25-ounce) jar fat-free tomato-basil spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Wash squash; cut in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds. Place squash halves, cut sides down, in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add water to dish to depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until squash is tender; let cool slightly. Using a fork, remove spaghetti-like strands; discard shells. Set strands aside, and keep warm.
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add zucchini, and sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 additional minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet, and set aside.
3. Coat skillet with cooking spray; add turkey. Cook over medium-high heat until turkey is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Add vegetable mixture, ham, and next 5 ingredients. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. To serve, spoon turkey mixture over spaghetti squash; sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 4 servings.
Fat 5.9g (Sat 2.2g Mono l.4g Poly 1.3g)